We also accept art and photography submissions. See the Archive tab for examples of past cover art. The cover and pieces inside the journal are printed in color.
Please follow the same submission guidelines on the Submit tab, with a few exceptions:
- Please put “Art Submission: Name, Title” in the subject line (For example, Art Submission: John Doe, The Girl in the Pool). Art should be attached in a .jpg or .png format.
- Please include a brief artist statement (no more than 150 words) and contributor’s bio (2-3 sentences) in the third-person for the contributors’ page: who you are, where else you have been published, and any additional information you would like readers to know about you.
- Artwork can be submitted at any time of year, but decisions will be made in April for the issue published in May. Artwork submitted after April will be considered for the following year.
- Artwork of any size is fine as long as it can be digitally minimized or enlarged (without loss of quality) to fit within 5 ⅛ inches wide x 8 inches tall. Please submit only artwork intended to be printed.
- No portfolios, please. Maximum 7 submissions per artist.