We also accept art and photography submissions. See the Archive tab for examples of past cover art. The cover is printed in color, and pieces inside the journal are printed in black and white.
Please follow the same submission guidelines on the Submit tab, with a few exceptions:
- Please put “Artwork: Name, Title” in the subject line (For example, Artwork: John Doe, The Girl in the Pool). Art should be attached in a .jpg format.
- Please include a brief artist statement (no more than 350 words) in a separate attachment.
- Artwork can be submitted at any time of year, but decisions will be made in April for the issue published in May. Art submitted after that time will be considered for the following year.
- Artwork of any size is fine. Please submit only artwork intended to be printed.
- No portfolios, please. Maximum 7 submissions per artist.
NOTE: Because of our limited print run, we are unable to offer artist’s contributor copies.